The Grievance Procedures deals with complaints regarding the infringement of policies and procedures of ZEUS MARITIME SERVICES LTD or violations of the applicable laws and the legislation in force, of the International Code of Conduct and the internal Policies.
For this scope ZEUS MARITIME SERVICES LTD has implemented Standard Operating Procedure 10.03.
This SOP describes the procedures to be followed for addressing claims brought by Personnel or third party, due to Company failure to comply the policy standards.
The Company Managing Director is responsible to the Company for the implementation of this SOP.
a. In case of improper and/or illegal conduct, including such acts or omissions that violate the International Code of Conduct and/or IAMSP Code of Practice and/or the relevant international and/or state law, by the company personnel, the following steps should be taken:
(1) The individual that has perceived violations of the Codes and/or the law submits to the Company a written report, describing the incident with reference to relevant articles of the Codes or the law that have been violated or not implemented.
(2) This report can be forwarded either in hard copy or in electronic mode to the email address of the Company (firstname.lastname@example.org).
(3) The Company Managing Director investigates the issue and in no more than 10 working days replies to the individual or the third party concerned, for the actions taken by the company.
(4) The investigation of allegations, will be conducted promptly, impartially and with due consideration to confidentiality.
(5) The Company, where appropriate, will report the criminal actions to the competent authorities.
(6) The Company will keep records about any such allegation, findings or disciplinary measures. Except where prohibited or protected by applicable law, such records will be made available to the relevant authorities, on request.
(7) The Company will cooperate with official investigations and not participate in or tolerate from its personnel the impeding of witnesses, testimony or investigations.
(8) Appropriate disciplinary measures will be taken, which may include termination of employment, in case of finding of such violations or unlawful behavior.
b. The Company will ensure that its personnel who report wrongdoings in good faith, will be provided protection against any retaliation for making such reports, such as shielding them from unwarranted or otherwise inappropriate disciplinary measures, and that matters raised are examined and acted upon without undue delay.
USE of the ELECTRONIC COMPLIANCE FORM:
Please do not use this form for customer complaints regarding the services of the Company. This type of complaints will be addressed to the Operations Department.
DISCLAIMER about the SECURITY of the ANONYMOUS FORM :
The present application shall protect your anonymity. In case of an anonymous complaint, please follow the below instructions:
- do not specify personal data such as name or your relationship with those involved,
- do not provide any data that may reveal your identity,
ELECTRONIC COMPLIANCE FORM
If you wish to remain anonymous, please do not give us information that might help to identify you. You should know that when you report a complaint anonymously, we are not able to contact you in order to gather more information to sustain the investigation. Therefore please give us all the details necessary to initiate an investigation or an e-mail address to allow us to contact you without being able to identify you.
DISCLAIMER ABOUT CONFIDENTIALITY AND PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
Do you have to report a behavior that may expose the Company to a risk? Do you feel uncomfortable to reveal the information?
We guarantee that through this application we will provide you confidentiality because all disclosures, signed or anonymous, are treated as sensitive. Nevertheless, before submitting a complaint (Tip-off), please keep in mind that the information you provide can have significant consequences for those involved.
We note that if your complaint refers to individuals it should not contain elements which are sensitive personal data (i.e. data relating to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, union membership, health, social welfare and sexual life, criminal prosecutions or convictions).
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION:
The present application protects your identity because you do not fill in any specific information data that may reveal your identity. We are only interested in the information provided by you regarding the incidents, and not finding your identity.
In case of a malicious complaint, the accused person is entitled to request the data regarding the identity of the whistleblower in order to exercise its legal rights.